• We have invested in innovative technology for your well-being. We have installed clean air technology, Radic8 Virus killer air purifier, in our treatment rooms. This state-of-art technology purifies the air protecting our patients and staff from airborne viruses (including Corona Virus) and bacteria. We also have a virus killer at reception and waiting area.
• We have traditionally been using electric micro motors for preparing teeth, reducing aerosol, a mist of air and water that may carry viruses and bacteria from the mouth.
• For your and our protection we have invested in the appropriate PPE Equipment and additional items such reception Perspex Glass Screen. Social distancing measures have been applied in the reception and waiting area. We do apologise for the lack of reading material in the adapted waiting area, we have removed all such material to avoid contact spread of Corona Virus.
• We have performed full decontamination of our water lines.
• We will be using 3D technology to take impressions where possible.
• We will continue offering same-day Cerec Sirona crowns to minimise patient’s visit to the practice.
• We have invested and trained our Practitioners in digital tools such as Virtual Consultations. This will enable consistent communication between our patients’, our team and the treating Practitioner.
• We will continue to regularly check the health and taking temperature readings of our staff on a daily basis
Your Visit at Dental Artistry
These guidelines and protocols have changed the way we will be delivering care for our patients in a safe and professional manner. Your visit at Dental Artistry will be different to what you have been accustomed to. At all times we will make sure that your visit will be safe and comfortable.
• The scheduling of appointments will be such, as to ensure that the Practice and waiting areas are conducive to social distancing as prescribed by the government guidelines and to allow full decontamination of the treatment rooms between patient appointments.
• The scheduling of appointments will also take account of the most vulnerable in order to protect them and avoid contact with other patients’.
• We will contact you before your appointment to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again prior to starting any treatment.
• All relevant forms will be emailed or texted to you prior to your scheduled appointment. This means that you will not have to touch a pen, paper, or any electronic device other than your own when you attend your appointment. If it is necessary for you to use the Practice devices or pen and paper to complete forms, we will decontaminate them appropriately after each use.
• Please attend alone unless there are exceptional circumstances.
- We now have a NHS Test and Trace QR code which we would like all patients to use when they arrive at Dental Artistry. Please download the NHS-COVID19 app to your smart phone before your appointment. When you arrive at Dental Artistry please scan the QR code which will be at the entrance.
• Please arrive on time for your appointment as the waiting area is restricted to two chairs to comply with the governments guidance on social distancing. Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes early for your appointment.
• Our Cancellation policy is updated and to ensure we follow guidelines, we ask you to reschedule/cancel appointment no later than 72 hours prior to your appointment.
• Patients are advised that the Practice will operate by appointment only and NO walk-in patients’ will be allowed. For appointment booking our number is 020 8340 9745.
• Immediately on entering the Practice, you will find a dedicated hygiene station. Patients must use the hand sanitiser provided.
• Patients are also asked to arrive wearing a mask or a scarf covering the mouth and nose.
• We will also conduct a temperature check. Patients’ with high temperature will be immediately sent home with further advice.
• Patients’ are advised that no soft drinks, coffee, tea and water will be served to limit the risk of cross contamination.
• Please do not bring any bags or other artefacts at your appointment.
• Please keep your mobile phone in your pocket at all times whilst at the surgery.
• Jackets and coats with nothing valuable in pockets can be kept at reception before going in to the treatment room.
• The use of the restroom facility will be by request.
• We also ask our patients’ to adhere to social distancing rules, except when full Personal
Protective Equipment (PPE) is worn by the nurse and Practitioner.
• Patients’ will be asked to use an antimicrobial mouth rinse before we carry out any examination or treatment.
• Cash payments will no longer be accepted, we will be paperless where possible. We will request that all payments are settled by credit or debit card, preferably contactless, or use our virtual pay by link facility or BACS.
Please be assured that our treatment areas and all other common areas will be decontaminated appropriately before and after your appointment.
Dental Artistry has been and will always be at the forefront of providing excellent patient care. Although your dental visit will be different, the quality of our work and our outstanding professional team will be the same. We look forward to continue helping our patients achieve a healthier and happier smile!
To make an appointment, please call the practice: 020 8340 9745 or visit our website: www.dentalartistry.co.uk. If you have any further questions about these measures, or anything else prior to your appointment, please contact us.
We thank you for being our patient, for your understanding, and for your support!